- Next availability: Q1 2023
Hi, I'm Steven,
Are you looking for a front-end developer who is communicative, who works independently and in a team, and above all who has a passion for everything that has to do with UI? Let me know! I also have a background in design/ecommerce.
When I'm not in front of the computer I love being outdoors. In my profile picture i'm participating in The Nuts Challenge!
15+ years experience as a developer & designer
My focus is on front-end development, but I have a work history in design. My experience in both fields leads to better user experiences in less time.
I'm able to speak the designer language and dare to make design choices while coding. This saves valuable development time, endless back and forth with designers and often looks even better than the original design. I also do not hesitate to work out something in Figma or Sketch myself.
I have worked on a range of websites and apps for many organisations.
From personal sites and startups, to global businesses such as Marks and Spencer, Facebook, Sandisk, Feefo and Lowepro.
- UI Developer
- 2017 - Present
- I'm currently working at Rawnet and have done some cool things
- Frontend Developer
- 2016 – 2017
- At Netmatter, I worked as part of the frontend development team where I got to work with both Magento ecommerce sites, and Wordpress. While there, I completed a number of courses (with certificates) to become proficient in the build and maintenance of Magento 2 sites.
- Metakinetic / RHP
- Graphic Designer / Frontend Developer
- 2013 – 2016
- I joined an eCommerce agency in January 2013 called Metakinetic becoming a member of the design team and working on the design and build of their custom eCommerce platform, as well as a multitude of other design related tasks. Metakinetic was merged with another company and became Red Hot Penny (RHP) during the time I worked there. After the merger I was able to work with larger clients such as M&S, Facebook, Sandisk and Lowepro.
- Kapang Digital
- Junior Graphic Designer
- My experience at Kapang Digital was short, but I learned the fundamentals of an integrated design and web team during my time there. I solely managed a WordPress multisite network of over 30 media and video streaming sites for local news teams around the UK. Additional projects included banner designs for the network, and the businesses sub-brand websites.
- 2009 - 2013
- During my 3 year course I built this website and began to freelance both design and web based projects in my spare time, while juggling full time study. I have worked on a number of amazing projects as you can see in my portfolio and have loved every minute of it.
- Univeristy of West london
- Graphic Design BA (Hons)
- Core Principles for Theming in Magento 2
- Managing Your Magento 2 Store
- Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development
- Responsive Web Design in Magento 2